LITURGICAL GUIDELINES – GREEN/OPEN PHASE
ARCHDIOCESE OF PHILADELPHIA/SAINT ROSE OF LIMA
As of June 26th, our county will move into the Green Phase/Open Phase of statewide reopening. All of us need to do our part to make sure that our return to Mass is a peaceful and safe experience for all. Please take the time to read the instructions below. We ask everyone to follow these guidelines when attending Mass during this period:
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation continues to be lifted during the Green Phase. You are not required to attend Mass at this time.
- PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK.
- Please stay home if you are at higher risk of severe illness with COVID19. If you are uncertain about your risk status, please consult your doctor and also the CDC Guidelines at the link below.
- Click here to read the CDC Guidelines for those at higher risk: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html
- Mass WILL continue to be available via live stream. EVERY SATURDAY AT 4 P.M.
this Mass will be RECORDED FOR YOUR VIEWING CONVENIENCE.
MASS SCHEDULE (YELLOW PHASE ONLY) UNTIL JULY 5TH, 2020
SATURDAY VIGIL – 4 PM- LIVE-STREAM/RECORDED FOR YOUR VIEWING CONVENIENCE AT A LATER TIME.
SUNDAYS – 10:15 (LIVE-STREAM) AND 12 PM (LIVE-STREAM)
*** MASS SCHEDULE WILL CHANGE AS WE MOVE TO THE GREEN PHASE EFFECTIVE JULY 11TH***
*** DAILY MASS WILL CONTINUE. THE CHURCH WILL CLOSE AFTER MASS TO SANITIZE***
***MASS SCHEDULE (GREEN PHASE) EFFECTIVE JULY 11th, 2020***
SATURDAY VIGIL – 4 PM – LIVESTREAM AND RECORDED
SATURDAY – 6 PM—LIVESTREAM
SUNDAY – 7:30, 10:15, 12 PM & 5:30 PM – ALL LIVESTREAM EXCEPT 7:30
***The GREEN PHASE schedule is our REGULAR MASS SCHEDULE. ***
DAILY MASS WILL CONTINUE AS USUAL!
BEFORE COMING TO MASS
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Before entering the Church, please put on a face mask or cloth covering. It is strongly recommended by the Archdiocese and the CDC. Exceptions to this are “children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing (CDC Guidelines).
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick or are at higher risk for severe illness with COVID19 (see above).
- Missalettes will not be in the pews during this period. You are welcome to bring your own missal/readings with you.
ENTERING THE CHURCH
- ENTRANCE TO THE CHURCH IS ACCESSIBLE FROM ALL DOORS BEGINNING THE WEEKEND OF JULY 11TH.
- DOORS WILL OPEN 20 MINUTES BEFORE EACH MASS BEGINS SO THAT PROPER SANITIZING CAN TAKE PLACE BETWEEN MASSES.
- ONLY 125 PEOPLE CAN BE SAFELY ADMITTED TO THE CHURCH SEATING.
- When taking your seat, please honor all posted signs about where you may sit. Designated pews and CHAIRS will be open to ensure proper social distancing. PLEASE DO NOT ADJUST THE CHAIRS to your convenience. LEAVE THEM AS THEY ARE.
- DO NOT REMOVE ANY TAPE OR SIGNS RESTRICTING ENTRANCE TO THE PEWS.
- Members of the same household may sit together as normal. Please place 6 feet between your household and members of a different household.
- Ushers/Parishioners will be available to assist you with seating.
- SINGING AT MASS IS DISCOURAGED AT THIS TIME.
- DO NOT CONGREGATE NEAR THE MUSIC MINISTERS. PLEASE ALLOW SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCING OUT OF RESPECT FOR THEM.
- There will be no collection taken up during the Offertory. BASKET(S) WILL BE PLACED AT THE EDGE OF THE SANCTUARY NEAR THE PARKING LOT EXIT. You may place your OFFERING IN THE BASKET(S).
- There will be NO Sign of Peace during Mass during the Green Phase.
- The Precious Blood will not be distributed during Mass during the Green Phase.
- There should be no holding of hands during the Our Father.
- THERE IS NO PROCESSION FROM THE BACK FOR THE PRIEST AND LECTORS.
- LECTORS WILL REMAIN IN THEIR SEATS AND COME TO THE LECTERN AT THE APPROPRIATE TIMES.
RECEPTION OF HOLY COMMUNION
- RECEPTION OF HOLY COMMUNION IS ALWAYS OPTIONAL AND AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COMMUNICANT.
- The COMMUNION LINE will come from the CENTER AISLE ONLY.
- MINISTERS AND PRIESTS WILL NOT BE GIVING COMMUNION TO PARISHIONERS IN THE CHAIRS OR IN THE BALCONY.
- PARISHIONERS ARE TO ENTER THE CENTER AISLE FOR COMMUNION.
- THERE IS ONLY ONE LINE IN THE CENTER AND IN SINGLE FILE. NO DOUBLE LINES.
- THERE WILL BE ONE MINISTER IN THE CENTER AND ONE ON THE LEFT AT A SAFE DISTANCE AND ONE ON THE RIGHT AT A SAFE DISTANCE.
- RETURN TO YOUR SEATS VIA THE SIDE AISLES ONLY. EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS MUST USE HAND SANITIZERS BEFORE AND AFTER DISTRIBUTING HOLY COMMUNION
- Please maintain social distancing in the Communion line. Please keep several pews between yourself and the person in front of you while in line and when returning to your pew.
- During the GREEN PHASE, the faithful are asked to receive Holy Communion in the hand. EXTEND YOUR ARMS AND HANDS FORWARD AS FAR AS POSSIBLE.
- Please remove your mask before receiving Holy Communion.
EXITING THE CHURCH
- At the conclusion of Mass, please exit the Church PROMPTLY FROM ANY DOOR and proceed directly to your car. Please do not congregate for any reason.
- Please take a parish bulletin home with you. PARISH BULLETINS ARE LOCATED IN THE VESTIBULE OF THE PARKING LOT ENTRANCE ONLY.
- Please leave your mask on until you exit the Church.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
St. Rose of Lima will follow the guidelines from the CDC for sanitation as we continue with public Masses.
- THE CHURCH WILL BE SANITIZED AFTER EACH MASS USING EQUIPMENT FROM A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY. OUR MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT AND VOLUNTEERS WILL ASSIST IN SANITIZATION
Please adhere to the guidelines above so that we all may experience an enriching and safe experience as we celebrate the Sacred Liturgy in the Yellow Phase with respect and dignity not only for the Lord but for one another.
We are now beginning to move to the time when we will be able to open our Church here at St. Rose of Lima with no restrictions. This, however, will take time. But we can do it with prayer, trust and hope in the Lord and with one another. We are all in this together.
We must continue to respect each other as a Parish Family in a way that keeps everyone safe. Let us remember each other in prayer under the patronage of Our Lady of Lourdes and our wonderful Saint Rose of Lima. Our PATIENCE, LOVE and RESPECT for each other is most needed. And remember, the Commandment of Jesus takes priority always and in EVERYTHING we do. “LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU”.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Parish Center Office VIA phone calls. The Church Offices will continue to be closed to the PUBLIC during the GREEN PHASE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED GENEROSITY AND SUPPORT OF OUR PARISH. PLEASE CONTINUE TO USE ONLINE GIVING, USPS MAIL, AND OUR MAIL SLOT NEAR THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARISH CENTER FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS. My love and prayers,